Zambia is a country rich in natural resources. 40% of Zambia’s area is covered by freshwater, including the Kariba Reservoir located between Zambia and Zimbabwe, with a water capacity of 5,400 cubic kilometers, which is the most suitable for the development of aquaculture. Lake resources are one of Zambia’s advantages, and Zambia’s soybean industry is also very prosperous, so Zambia also has unique advantages in feeding raw materials. But for Zambia, the most important advantage is the love of eating fish throughout the Zambian culture. Almost 55% of Zambia’s protein intake comes from aquatic products and 65% of it comes from tilapia.
Aquaculture development programs have the potential to create jobs, improve food security for poor households, drop disparities in household income flows, and increase the efficiency and sustainability of farms.
With an annual production of 36,105 metric tons, Zambia is the sixth-largest producer of farmed fish in Africa and the largest developing tilapia producer in southern Africa. Zambia’s aquaculture system includes cages, ponds, circulation tanks, and dams, and accounts for an estimated 13 percent of total fish production. The enormous fishing pressure on the world’s natural water resources has triggered the need to speed up the development of powerful complementary technologies in aquaculture production systems such as pond culture and aquaculture parks. Pond culture is a new or innovative approach to fish production adopted.
Even though Kariba Reservoir in Zambia has ideal conditions for raising tilapia, some other challenges remain.
The natural aquaculture environment allows fish to escape during the rainy season, especially lobsters, crabs, turtles, loaches, eels, and other fish that are good at escaping. , the aquaculture industry adopts a collectivized model for raising, and the fish and shrimp excrement in the water makes the water quality bad. It will affect the surrounding groundwater resources in the long term.
Besides aquaculture, most artificial landscape lakes, artificial swimming pools, and garden pools now need to solve the problem of infiltration first. Otherwise, the water volume cannot be reached, the fish will not be able to survive better, and the output will decline.
Geomembrane is used in various engineering fields, among which the most is the field of aquaculture. It is recognized by more and more individual or collective farmers, because the good impermeability, environmental protection, and durability of geomembrane can protect water resources from pollution to the largest extent, and it is beneficial to the breeding of fish and shrimps without any harm!
1. Geomembrane is a popular product, so the price of geomembrane is not expensive, which is generally acceptable to aquaculture farmers
2. Because the fish pond geomembrane itself contains anti-ultraviolet additives, it is not afraid of sunlight, and the maintenance cost is low
3. Geomembrane can inhibit the growth of algae in the water, and the cleaning cost is low
4. The geomembrane has good anti-seepage performance and good water storage performance, preventing the water in the fish pond from infiltrating into the soil, monitoring the water level, and saving related water conservation costs
5. Fish pond geomembrane can reduce the loss of oxygen caused by infiltration into the soil, and it is convenient to check the oxygen content in the water. Oxygen deficiency is the main reason for the death of farmed fish. The use of fish pond geomembrane reduces the oxygen supplementation in fish ponds. cost
6. Geomembrane can better maintain the balance of water quality, reduce changes in water conditions, and reduce the cost and time of water quality control
7. The most important point of fish pond geomembrane is that the pond bottom mud has undertaken a large number of farmed animal feces, residual bait, various dead aquatic organisms, etc., and the dissolved oxygen in the aquaculture water is difficult to reach the bottom of the pond, and a small amount reaches the bottom of the pond. Dissolved oxygen is also difficult to diffuse inside the sediment. Thus, the use of geomembrane not only achieves the effect of low cleaning cost but also separates pond water and soil to ensure water quality.
Our Zambian customer left a message on Google telling us that he needed to buy geomembrane pond liners for fish ponds and asked about the price of geomembrane pond liners.
In Zambia, there are many rivers, a dense water network, and abundant hydraulic resources, so it is very suitable for the development of aquaculture. Many aquaculture companies or farmers find that water loss is serious and fish cause many diseases after raising fish.
Zambian fish pond customers searched for information from Google and found that the use of fish pond geomembrane can solve many of the existing fish pond aquaculture problems. Thus, Zambian fish pond customers approached us.
The fish farming industry, a fish pond customer in Zambia, encountered the above problems. Our professional geomembrane salesmen recommend customers use 0.5mm geomembrane pool liners according to their needs. Using a fish pond geomembrane liner separates the pond water from the soil. It can not only prevent weeds, sludge, and other obstructive pollutants from entering the pond but also reduce the bacteria in the pond environment, thereby reducing the use of antibiotics. Also, geomembranes protect pond slopes from erosion and are very easy to repair and remove sediment and waste.
During the communication process, the Zambian fish pond customer asked us to provide 0.5mm geomembrane pond liner samples for testing. After receiving the samples for testing, the customer purchased the 0.5mm geomembrane for the fish pond. Our geomembrane sales team provides customers with video instructions on geomembrane installation in fish ponds and geomembrane installation manuals.
Specifications of Geomembrane Liner for Fish Ponds in Zambia
Number of HDPE Pond Liners – 30000 sqm
HDPE Pond Liner Thickness – 0.5mm
HDPE Pond Liner Roll Size -8m*100m
HDPE pond liner suppliers in Zambia
Pond Liner Manufacturer, Supplier in Zambia, Pond Liner in Zambia, Pond Liner at Best Price in Zambia.
Earth Shield is a leading Pond liner Manufacturer Supplier & Wholesaler. Pond Liner which is made up of HDPE Pond Liner and is used in Decorative Ponds for storing water & in Fish pondGolf courses for creating Artificial Lakes, using for fish pond/shrimp ponds, and Rain Water Harvesting Ponds, etc.
Other small suggestions: prevention and control methods of fish diseases after rain
Zambia has a lot of rain. To better control the occurrence of fish diseases after rain, the following treatment methods are recommended.
1. If the farmed fish suffer from parasitic fish diseases, pesticides should be used as appropriate.
2. Sprinkle quicklime water in a small amount and several times to adjust the pH value of the aquaculture water, so that the pH value of the aquaculture water is stable between 7.5 and 8.5. Generally, 20~30 kg/mu of quicklime is used per meter of water depth, once every 15 days.
3. Use povidone-iodine (less irritant) 3 to 4 times in a row for water disinfection and sterilization, which has a good effect on the prevention and treatment of fish bacterial sepsis, enteritis, rotten gills, red skin, and other diseases.
4. Use cationic surfactants and other water-adjusting drugs to improve water quality, promote water convection, increase dissolved oxygen in the substrate, completely degrade hydrogen sulfide, ammonia nitrogen, nitrite, methane, and other harmful components, reduce their toxicity to farmed fish, and ensure that The healthy growth of farmed fish, and has clean water, promote algae reproduction.
5. Oral administration of many multivitamins, immune enhancers, and allicin powder, etc., to resist stress and increase appetite, 2 times a day for 7 days; or oral administration of enrofloxacin (3 g/kg body weight) as bait, once a day for 5 days.
6. After the weather improves, adjust the water quality in time to create a good living environment for farmed fish.
As the leading geomembrane pond liner manufacturer, supplier, and wholesaler, Our quality satisfies the ASTM GRI-GM13 standard. Besides, we have obtained CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 certificates. Our customer projects include aquaculture (fish ponds, shrimp ponds), water conservancy (canals, dam), environmental protection (landfill sites, sewage treatment), mining (heap leaching ponds, tailings), agriculture (water reservoirs), and many other projects, customer satisfaction is 100%. If you have a geomembrane pond liner project under construction, you can contact us. We can provide you with free geomembrane pond liner samples, geomembrane pond liner project solutions, and geomembrane pond liner welding videos and instruction manuals free. Please contact us!