Geogrid is a major geosynthetic material with unique properties and efficacy compared with other geosynthetics. It is often used as a reinforcing material for reinforced soil structures or a reinforcing material for composite materials.
Geogrids are divided into four categories: plastic geogrids, steel-plastic geogrids, fiberglass geogrids, and polyester warp-knitted polyester geogrids. The grid is a two-dimensional or three-dimensional grid screen with a certain height made of polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride, and other macromolecular polymers by thermoplastic or molding. When used in civil engineering, it is called a geotechnical grid. grille.
Generally speaking, when the poor foundation is treated or the old road is reconstructed, the geogrid can improve the bearing capacity of the foundation, speed up the construction progress, control the development of the settlement of the soft foundation section, shorten the construction period, and make the road put into use as soon as possible. The geogrid plays the role of reinforcing the soil and improving the integrity, which is equal to the steel bars in the concrete.
The mechanism of soil reinforcement by geogrid exists in the interaction between geogrid and soil. Generally, it can be summarized as the friction between the grid surface and the soil; the locking effect of the grid holes on the soil, and the passive resistance of the grid ribs. All three effects can constrain the lateral displacement of soil particles, thereby increasing the stability of the soil itself, and the reinforcement effect on soil is higher than that of other geotextiles.
When should geogrid be used?
1. Geogrids are used in highways and railways, which can reduce the settlement difference between the roadbed and the abutment, reduce the vibration of the vehicle and the roadbed, slow down the deformation of the roadbed structure, and ensure the safety and comfort of the vehicle.
2. The geogrid is used for roadbed reinforcement, so that the granular filler and the grid are interlocked together to form a stable plane, prevent the filler from sinking, and can disperse the vertical load, and multi-layer reinforcement can be used in areas with harsh geographical conditions
3. Geogrids are used in parking areas or airport runways in commercial and industrial facilities
4. The application of geogrid in embankments and roadbed filling can increase its stability and reduce floor space.
5. Geogrid is used in pavement reinforcement so that the mesh and pavement materials are blended together, which can disperse and send loads and prevent pavement cracks;
1. Can withstand a certain impact load
2. Can withstand large alternating loads
3. Shorten the construction period of the project
4. It can also be constructed under harsh environmental conditions
5. It can prevent road subsidence and cracks caused by pulping
6. It can reduce the number of pavement materials
7. Speed up the construction speed.
Features of geogrid
1. Has a strong tensile strength, the tensile strength range is 25-110kn/m, and the tensile strength is also different according to the product model.
2. The stress elongation is small, and it has a good ability to stabilize and strengthen the structure.
3. High physical and chemical stability, good anti-aging, anti-burial, and anti-corrosion properties.
4. The friction coefficient is significant, and the mesh structure is completely integrated into the soil-rock design to enhance the stability of the structure.
5. It has strong resistance to environmental stress, has a small amount of deformation when the stress is increased and has a small temperature deformation coefficient in the range of -20 ℃ ~ 120 ℃.
6. The width is generally 4-6 meters, the weight is light, and the installation and construction are simple, convenient, efficient, and cheap.
What aspects should be paid special attention to in the construction of geogrid engineering?
1. When the geogrid is stored and laid, it should be avoided to be exposed to the sun for a long time, otherwise, it is easy to deteriorate performance indicators. Omit to lay the geogrid in the vertical direction, the specific position of the lap joint needs to be carried out according to the construction drawing standards, and the connection must be firm and firm. For strength walls, the specific position of superimposed splicing cannot be less than 20 cm.
2. The construction quality of the geogrid should conform to the engineering construction standards specified in the design and construction drawings. During the whole process of the project construction, no wrinkling, overlapping, distortion, etc. should occur, and the geogrid needs to be maintained in a tight state. , so that it can be evenly stressed. If it is manually tightened, the geogrid is close to the ground, the force must be uniform, and the surface flatness must be good. Besides, the geogrid needs to be fixed with pins to avoid the occurrence of displacement conditions.
The successful application of geogrids is expected to reduce various embankment diseases common in high-intensity earthquake areas and improve the earthquake resistance and disaster reduction capabilities of roads. As the leading geogrid manufacturer, supplier, and wholesaler, Our quality satisfies the ASTM GRI-GM13 standard. Besides, we have obtained CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 certificates. Our customer projects include geogrid retaining walls, geogrid for roads, environmental protection (landfill sites, sewage treatment), mining (heap leaching ponds, tailings), and many other projects, customer satisfaction is 100%.