Geotextile is a kind of geosynthetic material, it is used in many kinds of engineering projects. Shandong Dajin Geosynthetics Co.,ltd is a manufacturer of geotextile, has 20 years of geosynthetic industry experience, and can produce Polyester PET or Polypropylene PP material. Our nonwoven geotextile workshop can make geotextile weight from 100gsm to 1400gsm, and woven geotextile can make 100gsm to 1200gsm. The max width of the geotextile is 6m and can do different size geotextile rolls.
What Is Woven Geotextile?
Woven geotextiles are made of polypropylene/PP or polyester/Pet flat yarns as raw materials, and are composed of at least two sets of yarns. The lateral arrangement is called the weft. The yarns are connected with different weaving equipment and processes to form a cloth shape, and the woven geotextile can have different densities and sizes according to different project applications. The woven geotextiles have a strong tensile strength in both vertical/MD and horizontal/CD directions.
Woven geotextile is made by weaving polypropylene/pp or polyester/pet yarns together and by an industrial textile machine. The cross pattern of woven geotextiles makes the geotextile very strong. The strength and good quality of the yarns increase the woven geotextile tensile strength and thus make it excellent for use under patios, roads, railways, airports, and other applications that have a high strength rule, and it is cost-effective.
There are three different structures of woven geotextile
1) Slit Film Woven Geotextile:
2) Monofilament Woven Geotextiles:
3) Combination Woven Geotextiles:
What characteristics of the Dajin brand woven geotextile are recognized by the public
1. woven geotextile is made of high-strength industrial polypropylene/pp and polyester/pet synthetic fabric as raw materials.
2. Durability: The woven geotextiles fabrics are not deformed, decomposed, or weathered. Its property can last for a long time.
3. Corrosion resistance: The woven geotextile synthetic chemical fiber generally has properties of acid resistance, alkali resistance, and insect resistance.
4. Water permeable: The woven geotextile fabric can control its structural pores to get a certain water permeability.
Woven geotextile product function
1. Reinforcement: With reinforcement properties, the woven geotextile can be used for rock engineering such as roads, highways, railways, airports, stone dams, retaining wall backfills, etc.
The woven geotextile in the soil increases the tensile strength of the soil, and this is the same result of steel does in concrete.
2. Protective: prevent the embankment from being washed by wind, waves, and rain, and be used for bank protection, slope protection, and soil erosion prevention.
3. Anti-filtering function: It is used for the filter layer of embankments, dams, rivers and coastal stones, soil slopes, and retaining walls to prevent sand particles from passing through, while allowing water or air to pass.
4. Blocking function: The function of placing the woven cloth in the channel of the flowing liquid with suspended particles to block the fine mud particles and allow the liquid to pass through.
6. Weed control function
The separation function of woven geotextile is used in the construction of roads. The woven Geotextile prevents the intermixing of two soils. For example, by separating fine subgrade soil from the aggregates of the base course, the geotextile preserves the drainage and the strength characteristics of the added material.
Some of the application areas are:
Between subgrade and stone base in unpaved and paved roads and airfields.
Between subgrade in railroads.
Between landfills and stone base courses.
Between geomembranes and sand drainage layers.
The woven geotextile allows for adequate liquid flow with limited soil loss across the plane of the geotextile. Porosity and permeability are the major properties of geotextiles that involve infiltration action.
A common application illustrating the filtration function is the use of a geotextile in a pavement edge drain.
Woven geotextiles are used in railway subgrade construction, highway subgrade construction, foundation use of various construction sites, dam retaining, intercepting sand and soil loss, tunnel waterproofing membrane used, urban green flower project use, underground garage waterproofing, waterproofing materials Substrates, etc., artificial lakes, pools, anti-seepage and waterproofing, clay liners, and can also be used in concrete foundation cushions, especially when geological instability brings about the uneven settlement, woven geotextiles, woven needle-punched geotextiles It has good water-conducting function and strong tensile strength. It can form a filtering and drainage effect inside the fill, so that the foundation soil does not run off, and enhance the structure of the building and the effect of a solid foundation. The product has good dimensional stability, anti-aging, strong rupture resistance, flexibility, and is not afraid of mold. It is a new material that is non-toxic, non-volatile, and friendly.
The woven geotextile has the characteristics of good adaptability, easy to splice with the original slope, convenient construction, cheap cost, one-time forming, and can be operated underwater. The quality of the molded bag is the quality of the single layer before sewing, and the tensile strength of the mold bag cloth is the index without ribs.
The final molding of the molded bag will be made according to the engineering design requirements, and the engineering unit will provide design drawings or sewing drawings and relevant dimensions.
Woven geotextiles applications
1. Road Work
Geotextiles are used in the construction of the road. It reinforces the soil by adding tensile strength to it. It is used as a rapid de-watering layer in the roadbed, the geotextiles need to preserve their permeability without losing their separating functions.
2. Railway Works
The woven fabrics or the non-woven ones are used to separate the soil from the sub-soil without impeding the groundwater circulation where the ground is unstable. Enveloping individual layers with fabric prevents the material from wandering off sideways due to shocks and vibrations from running trains.
It is used for mud control. For the improvement of muddy paths and trails used by cattle or light traffic, nonwoven fabrics are used and are folded by overlapping to include the pipe or a mass of grit.
The use of geotextiles to filter the soil and a more or less single-size granular material to transport water is seen as a viable alternative to conventional systems. Geotextiles perform the filtering mechanism for drainages in earth dams, on roads and highways, in reservoirs, behind retaining walls, in deep drainage trenches, and in agriculture.
5. River, Canals, and Coastal Works
Geotextiles protect river banks from erosion due to currents or lapping. When used in conjunction with natural or artificial enrockments, they act as a filter.
Precautions for installation of woven geotextile fabrics
- Woven geotextile can only be cut with a woven geotextile knife (hook knife). If it is cut in the field, special protection measures must be taken for other materials to prevent unnecessary damage to the woven geotextile due to cutting;
- While laying the woven geotextile fabric, all necessary measures must be taken to prevent damage to the material below;
- When laying woven geotextile fabrics, care must be taken not to allow the entry of substances that may damage the woven fabrics, such as stones, large amounts of dust or moisture, may block drains or filters or may make subsequent connections difficult. woven geotextile or the underside of woven geotextile ;
- After installation, visually inspect all woven geotextile fabric surfaces to identify all damaged landowners, mark and repair them, and make sure that there are no foreign substances that can cause damage, such as broken needles and other foreign substances on the laying surface;
- The connection of woven geotextile fabrics must follow the following regulations: under normal circumstances, there should be no horizontal connection on the slope (the connection must not intersect with the contour of the slope), except for the repaired place.
- If a suture is used, the suture must be made of the same or more material than the woven geotextile fabric, and the suture must be made of chemical UV-resistant material. There should be an obvious color difference between the suture and the woven geotextile fabric for easy inspection.
- Pay special attention to the stitching during installation to ensure that no dirt or gravel from the gravel cover gets into the middle of the woven geotextile fabric.