Geomembrane is a modern waterproof geotechnical material and a polymer membrane. The raw material for producing geomembrane is high and linear low density polyethene, adding carbon black, antioxidant and high-temperature stabilizer. Geomembranes are produced and supplied in rolls of various sizes. Geomembranes are supplied in rolls with widths from 1 to 12 metres. Depending on specific project requirements, geomembranes are available in thicknesses ranging from 0.2 to 3.0 mm.
A geomembrane is a porous polymeric material designed to reduce or prevent the passage of water or liquids through its structure. The composition of raw materials can be divided into polymer geosynthetic membrane, clay geosynthetic membrane and asphalt geosynthetic membrane. According to different uses, geomembranes are divided into smooth type, textured type and special-shaped type.
Geomembrane – not affected by rot, acid, alkali, or ultraviolet radiation. The service life of the geomembrane is at least 50 years. High-density geotextiles are used to protect geomembranes from mechanical damage. The technical characteristics of geomembranes make it possible to use geomembranes in various fields, such as industry and civil engineering, geotechnical engineering and environmental engineering.
EarthShield sells and supplies HDPE Geomembranes and LLDPE Geomembranes.
Geomembrane HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) is produced based on high-density polyethene. HDPE geomembrane has high strength characteristics; HDPE geomembrane is used in constructing liquid and solid industrial waste storage facilities, solid waste landfills, waterproof and anti-corrosion coatings on the surfaces of concrete, bricks, metals, etc., including drinking water tanks.
Geomembrane LLDPE (Linear Low-Density Polyethylene) is produced based on Linear Low-Density Polyethylene. LLDPE geomembranes are elastic. LLDPE geomembranes are used to build structures in subsiding soils, locate unauthorized and abandoned landfills, reclamation of solid domestic waste and industrial waste landfills, waterproof tunnels and other underground facilities. Due to the elasticity of LLDPE geomembranes, they can solve tasks that rigid HDPE geomembranes cannot.
Depending on the specific project requirements, the HDPE geomembrane’s and LLDPE geomembrane’s thickness range is 0.2-3mm. HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes are available in 5.0 or 6.0 meter-wide rolls. The sheet length in the roll depends on the thickness of the material.
Main properties of HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane
– HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane have high elasticity (the relative elongation of HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane can reach 600%), high mechanical tensile strength, puncture resistance, impact resistance and wear resistance;
– HDPE Geomembrane and LLDPE Geomembrane are produced using only virgin raw materials (97% polymer and 2% carbon black), antioxidants and stabilizers, which make HDPE Geomembrane and LLDPE Geomembrane UV resistant, durable and oxidation resistant.
– HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes have high chemical resistance and high corrosion resistance to most aggressive environments (pH 0.5-14);
– HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes are waterproof, non-swelling, and resistant to plant root rot and germination.
– HDPE Geomembranes and LLDPE Geomembranes do not contain additives or fillers that can speed up the ageing process and degrade their physical and mechanical properties. Thus HDPE Geomembranes and LLDPE Geomembranes are durable and not affected by temperature fluctuations. HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes have an operating temperature range of – 60 °C to + 80 °C.
– HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes can isolate soil and groundwater contamination. HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes are non-toxic, safe for human health and the environment, and do not need more protective layers.
Main functions of the HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane
– Load distribution
Main advantages of HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane
– High welding speed
– Geomembranes are accessible to transport and store
– Cheap installation of geomembranes
– Low facility maintenance cost
Application of HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane
– Heap leach sites, landfills for solid industrial and domestic waste, storage facilities for high-hazard industrial waste and slag, industrial sludge collectors;
– Anti-filtration protection of storage facilities, emergency and sedimentation tanks in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, food and other industries and buildings.
– Artificial reservoirs, canals and ponds, swimming pool covers, landscaping, dams and dams.
– Drinking water tanks, wastewater treatment tanks;
– Waterproofing of foundations, building foundations, tunnels, underground structures and roads;
– Waterproofing of traditional and inverted roofs;
– Corrosion protection and waterproofing of prefabricated and monolithic reinforced concrete structures;
– Soil waterproofing and drainage.
– Prevent silting of pavement materials and strengthen road shoulders
The main application of HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane
– Waterproofing of hazardous waste landfills. HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes allow you to create an airtight “bag” that prevents the release of harmful gases into the atmosphere and the penetration of toxic substances into the soil.
– The wall is on the ground. Vertical trenches up to 40 meters deep are filled with bentonite mud, and HDPE geomembranes are immersed in the solution and connected using a particular blocking system. This vertical HDPE geomembrane barrier prevents seepage through the ground.
– Sewage storage tanks for industrial and agricultural enterprises. Solid waste collectors (ash piles of thermal power plants, sludge storage, manure storage, urban garbage dumps, cemeteries). HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes are the most effective and cost-effective waterproofing materials for protecting soil from aggressive substances. HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane guarantee the protection of the waste liquid collector and soil and groundwater pollution. Geomembrane HDPE and geomembrane LLDPE with a thickness of 2mm have enough strength and elasticity and have excellent resistance to temperature influence and ultraviolet radiation, which makes it possible to form artificial containers of almost any area, volume and configuration.
– Anti-filter protection for tanks, farms, parking lots, and highways. Using HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane in oil reservoir foundation construction can drop soil pollution in emergencies.
– Potable water reservoirs, irrigation ponds, canals, rainwater collection ponds, and fire pits. Artificial reservoirs, dams and canals, landscape construction. The hygienic performance of the HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane will not hurt the human body and environment. The anti-seepage screen of this type of structure made of HDPE geomembrane with a thickness of 2 mm can be without a protective layer. A combination of screen designs can be used when laying a protective layer on slopes, such as gravel, concrete or sand. The ease of installation, reliability and durability of HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes, the possibility of further arrangements (filling with sand, finishing slopes with concrete), make this material indispensable in these areas of construction);
– Corrosion protection and waterproofing of concrete structures. Construction and repair of viaducts, concrete tanks, tunnels and large-diameter sewer piping systems. HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes are laid over the poured concrete, waterproofing the structure.
– Installation of foundations, waterproofing of building plinths, flat roofs, underground structures and roads. Low moisture absorption, low specific gravity and low cost, easy installation, and low labour intensity make HDPE geomembranes and LLDPE geomembranes suitable substitutes for guide roller materials in roofing and building construction.
While HDPE has more excellent puncture resistance, LLDPE is more flexible and can be stretched easily over obstructions. With greater flexibility, LLDPE can be prefabricated for field installation instead of HDPE, which must be entirely welded on-site. Therefore, whether to use an HDPE geomembrane or an LLDPE geomembrane depends entirely on your project. Contact me; we will provide professional guidance for your project! 24 hours online, you can also get HDPE geomembrane and LLDPE geomembrane samples for free!