What is a tree root barrier?
The root barrier is a kind of product, which can redirect tree roots, protecting root damage.
HDPE root barrier geomembrane is a good choice, it can block the tree roots, protecting the pavement and foundation of the building as the roots.
The tree root barrier is a High-density polyethylene/HDPE geomembrane, it is waterproof, impermeable, UV resistant. The hdpe root barrier has 97.5% polyethylene, and 2.5% carbon black material, with no additives. The barrier has great tensile strength, elongation, puncture resistance, and tear resistance in many different soils, including chemical resistance.
Earth Shield root barrier uses 100% virgin resin, the specification meets the ASTM GM13 standard.
Considering the temperature, our HDPE root barrier can be used at -70℃ and the high temperature at 110℃， has good environmental stress crack resistance. when the HDPE root barrier is used underground, the life could be used for more than 50years.
Our HDPE root barrier has the following features:
- It has the dual functions of waterproofing and preventing plant roots from penetrating. It can withstand the puncture of plant roots and maintain the waterproof function for a long time.
- It not only prevents root puncture but also does not affect the normal growth of plants.
- It can form a high-strength waterproof layer, has a strong ability to resist water pressure, and is resistant to puncture, cracking, tearing, and fatigue.
- The tensile strength is high, the thickness of the modified asphalt coating is large, and the adaptability to the shrinkage deformation and cracking of the base layer is strong.
- Excellent high and low-temperature resistance, suitable for hot and cold areas.
- Good corrosion resistance, mildew resistance, and weather resistance.
- Hot-melt construction, convenient construction, and reliable and durable hot joints.
In a word, Root barrier high-density HDPE geomembrane is used as a root-blocking and waterproof layer. It has long-term root puncture resistance, strong adhesion, good stability, low-temperature flexibility, good heat resistance, and chemical resistance.
We have a customer in Australia, and the customer uses a 1mm thickness HDPE geomembrane as the root barrier, the photos of the projects are as follows for reference.
Earth Shield geosynthetic company is a 20years manufacturer of geosynthetic material, for example, geomembrane, geotextile, geogrid, geonet, gcl, and other products. We have ISO CE certifications, and our product’s property meets the ASTM ISO standard, and the third-party test is no problem. Our production time is 3-15days and products can be customized according to your requirement. The OEM is also available.