Lotus root is a water crop of the lotus family, which likes to grow in fertile shallow ponds or muddy soil. It is a plant with swelled underground stems and fruits and belongs to vegetables.
Because the rhizome of the lotus root has a particularly strong ability to grow in series, it will grow deep in the living layer of thin mud. Thus, it brings a lot of labor intensity to the lotus planters when harvesting them. The lotus root planters are often in the muddy mud that has collapsed to their thighs, turning the muddy mud out one by one with shovel after shovel. Then, roll up your sleeves and pull out the lotus roots with your hands. All this is done, which is not only inefficient in digging lotus roots. Moreover, people are also very tired. As a result, a method of planting lotus roots with an anti-seepage geomembrane in a lotus root pond came into being.
Introduction of anti-seepage geomembrane in the lotus root pond
The lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane uses plastic geomembrane as the anti-seepage base material, and its anti-seepage performance depends on the anti-seepage performance of the plastic geomembrane. At present, the anti-seepage geomembrane of the lotus root pond is based on PE geomembrane, which is a polymer chemical flexible material with a small specific gravity, strong extensibility, and high adaptability to deformation, corrosion resistance, low-temperature resistance, and good frost resistance. After several years of development, shallow water lotus root planting technology has become a planting mode that saves water and fertilizer, has a high yield, convenient management, and good benefits. It is especially suitable for use in water-deficient countries and regions.
Planting shallow water lotus roots has become a new way for farmers to get rich and start a business. The use of lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane to build ponds is convenient, cheap, and has a long service life.
Performance characteristics of anti-seepage geomembrane in the lotus root pond
1) Water storage: Due to its low permeability coefficient, it has good anti-seepage water storage performance, preventing the water in the lotus root pond from infiltrating into the soil, monitoring the water level, and saving related water conservation costs;
2) System stability: Compared with digging the lotus root pond, the use of the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane can make the slope more stable, which is beneficial to drop the threat to the lotus root pond caused by natural conditions such as wind, rain, and waves. system stability, preventing the loss of cultivated crops in the lotus root pond due to environmental damage. And the use of the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane can make the pond have a steeper slope and a deeper depth, which is equal to increasing the output in disguise. The stability of the system also reduces the maintenance of the lotus root pond and the cost of earthwork;
3) Reduce maintenance costs: It can inhibit the growth of algae in the water and is easy to clean. Because the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane itself contains anti-ultraviolet additives, the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane is not afraid of the sun and is easy to maintain. The use of lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane can provide a more convenient monitoring environment;
4) Improve lotus root digging efficiency: Due to the installation of the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane, the thin mud layer of lotus root is shallower, which facilitates the harvesting of lotus root. Reduce the labor intensity of lotus diggers. Since the maintenance cost and time are very low, it can be more convenient and fast to dig lotus roots.
5) Increase the yield of lotus root: the yield of lotus root can be increased, and the lotus root can be put on the market more than 20 days earlier than the grown lotus root in the same batch. Due to its scarcity, the price of lotus root that is listed first is generally 2-3 times higher than the price of lotus root listed at the peak. The economic benefits are considerable.
Application of anti-seepage geomembrane in the lotus root pond
The main points of the lotus loach polyculture pond: According to the needs of the lotus loach polyculture, the method of building the pond is different from the general lotus root pond. It is reflected in the height of the outer wall, the anti-escape facilities, the setting of the fish walk and the fish ditch, and the setting of the water inlet and outlet (for other aspects, please refer to the construction method of the conjoined pool).
The lotus root pond polyculture of loach is a polyculture model of lotus root, and there are other polycultures, but the economic value and comprehensive use are not as good as the effect of the polyculture of loach. The use of polyculture mode can not only increase production and efficiency but also realize the rotation and stubble of lotus root, so about preventing the adverse consequences of simple continuous cropping of lotus root. It is more complicated to use the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane to build a polyculture pond. To avoid losses caused by blind construction, this kind of pond construction is carried out under the guidance of technical personnel.
The service life (life) of the anti-seepage geomembrane in the lotus root pond
Due to the particularity of lotus root planting, the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane laid in the soil can be used for more than 20 years in general. . Besides, it is recommended to use a lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane with a thickness of 0.5mm.
The construction method of anti-seepage geomembrane for lotus root pond laying lotus root pond
1) To excavate and collect soil at the bottom of the lotus root planting pond, the grower needs to measure the level according to the size of the area plan and draw the line to mark it. Use an excavator to excavate 70 cm of the subsoil, but the soil aside first, and then ram the bottom of the lotus root pond. and repairs around the pool. The base surface should be cleaned as required, and the sharp stones, tree roots, and other debris should be removed. The base surface is not allowed to have local unevenness, and the cleaned base surface should be dense and smooth;
2) When laying the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane, the membrane should be spread on the bottom, and the height of the pond-side membrane should be the same as the height of the sidewall, and the sidewall should be wrapped inside;
3) Continue to take 20 cm of soil from the side without soil pile and place it on the already laid anti-seepage geomembrane surface of the lotus root pond, and then lay the membrane on the bottom, and keep excavating and filling soil to the planned position. The overlap of the anti-seepage geomembrane edge is required to be 10-15 cm, which will be handled by the technician by welding;
4) After welding and stitching at the overlapping parts, a 40-45 cm aisle wall can be built on the top to help walking and field operations. It can also be laid with soil bags to make the wall. Here, we should pay attention to making 1-2 water outlets on the wall, the width should be 10-20 cm, and the depth should be 20 cm. The aisle wall can format the lotus root pond, prevent leggy lotus from wasting nutrients, achieve many knots and large lotus, and help walking and management. The wall can be polished, and the top surface must be strong;
5) Construction of sidewalls. Use cement boards or bricks to lay the walls, leave the water inlet and outlet on the wide side, and do a good job of anti-seepage treatment here. The construction and operation of the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane are large in scale, and the construction and operation will also increase the wear to a certain extent. It is recommended to use the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane of better quality to achieve long-term use.
Will the anti-seepage geomembrane of the lotus root pond cause harm to the lotus root?
At present, the lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane is used by many lotus roots planting customers to lay the bottom of the pond. made for the characteristics. Ouchi anti-seepage geomembrane is a special product with high strength, good elongation performance, large deformation modulus, acid and alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, and high impermeability.
Unfamiliar customers will consider that the geomembrane is a plastic geomembrane, will it have a bad influence on the lotus root during planting? Will there be problems such as plastic volatilization? In fact, you don’t have to worry about these issues at all. The lotus root pond anti-seepage geomembrane is a kind of geomembrane used for lotus root planting, and the main component of the geomembrane is a waterproof barrier material produced by high-density polyethylene (HDPE) resin as the raw material. HDPE is a harmless, tasteless, odorless white particle that has undergone various tests. Thus, the anti-seepage geomembrane of the lotus root pond will not cause harm to the lotus root.
As the leading geomembrane manufacturer, supplier, and wholesaler, Our quality satisfies the ASTM GRI-GM13 standard. Besides, we have obtained CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 certificates. Our customer projects include aquaculture (fish ponds, shrimp ponds), water conservancy (canals, dam), environmental protection (landfill sites, sewage treatment), mining (heap leaching ponds, tailings), agriculture (water reservoirs), and many other projects, customer satisfaction is 100%. If you have a geomembrane project under construction, you can contact us. We can provide you with free geomembrane samples, geomembrane project solutions, and geomembrane welding videos and instruction manuals free. Please contact us!