As a new type of waterproof material, HDPE Pond Liner is now being used more and more. It is used in various fields because of its good waterproof effect, low weight, good tensile strength, and anti-puncture effect. In the field of breeding, It is also more and more used. It not only saves the workload of the farmers, but also saves the cost of breeding, increases the output of the shrimp Pond, and increases the income of the farmers. The application of HDPE Pond Liner in shrimp ponds is now prevalent in many countries, such as the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and other Southeast Asian countries, as well as Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, and other African countries, as well as Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Guatemala, and other American countries.
Let’s talk about the application of HDPE Pond Liner in the Ecuador shrimp pond project:
The anti-seepage geomembrane of shrimp ponds generally adopts an industrial membrane. The thickness is generally 0.5mm, 0.75mm, and 1.0mm.HDPE Pond Liner. The raw material of the HDPE pond liner is generally 100% virgin HDPE resin, and carbon black with UV -resistance additives inside and heat stabilizer are added. HDPE pond liner has the characteristics of high strength, lightweight and simple laying. Non-toxic and tasteless.
An HDPE POND LINER has the following advantages:
1. It has good mechanical properties, good water permeability, and can resist corrosion and aging. Higher strength. The yield tensile strength can reach 18MPa, the fracture tensile strength can reach 35MPa, the peel strength is 31kN/m, and the shear strength is 33kN/m; the ductility is good. The yield elongation rate is 13% to 16%, and the fracture elongation rate is 700% to 800%. It has good surface compliance and weather resistance. When it is actually damaged, the strain is as high as 1000%.
2. Good anti-seepage ability. The anti-seepage coefficient is less than 1×10-13cm/s, which can ensure that the leachate will not leak due to the liner, pollute the land, rainwater will not pass through the cover layer of the closed site, increase the amount of leachate, and landfill gas will not pass through the liner Pad and leak out.
3. Good chemical stability. Because the temperature of the landfill can reach 50°C, chemical stability is the most critical factor in the landfill design process. HDPE HDPE pond liner is the most stable material among all HDPE pond liner materials. The chemical composition of the leachate of municipal solid waste sanitary landfill does not pose a threat to HDPE liner, and HDPE HDPE pond liner has good corrosion resistance.
4. The softening point of the HDPE HDPE pond liner is about 121°C, and the cold embrittlement point is about -120°C. It has strong resistance to organic acids, inorganic salts, alcohols, aldehydes, amines, esters, and oils, and can prevent direct corrosion of these chemicals, as well as prevent performance decline due to absorption and expansion. Some hydrocarbons (such as benzene, phenylacetaldehyde, hexane, and benzene) also have a certain resistance, and only the resistance to halogenated hydrocarbons (such as chlorinated benzaldehyde, bromobenzene) is poor.
5. It does not contain chemical additives and does not undergo heat treatment. It is a friendly building material.
7. The continuity is good, the weight is light, and the construction is convenient.
8. It is a waterproof material, so it has a good filter isolation function and a strong puncture resistance, so it has a good protection performance.
HDPE Pond Liner can bring the following convenience and benefits to farmers in shrimp pond culture.
1. Water storage
HDPE HDPE Pond Liner has the advantages of a low permeability coefficient and strong water storage performance. It can better prevent the water in the shrimp pond from seeping into the soil, watch the water level, save water conservancy costs, prevent underground toxic substances from being filtered into the shrimp pond, reduce water pollution, and benefit the healthy growth of fish.
2. Keep the water quality stable
The use of HDPE HDPE Pond Liners in aquaculture can well maintain the water quality balance, reduce the change in water quality conditions, and reduce the cost and time of water quality control.
3. Check oxygen content
The use of HDPE HDPE Pond Liners in aquaculture can reduce the loss of oxygen caused by infiltration into the soil, help the monitoring of oxygen content in water, and save the cost of oxygen supplementation in shrimp ponds.
4. Reduce maintenance costs
Using HDPE HDPE Pond Liner in aquaculture can better inhibit the growth of algae in the water. HDPE Pond Liner itself contains anti-UV additives. Thus, HDPE Pond Liner is not afraid of sunlight. It can be captured more due to lower maintenance costs and time.
5. Increase production
Compared with excavating ponds, the use of HDPE HDPE Pond Liner in aquaculture can make the slope more stable, drop the harm to shrimp caused by natural conditions such as rain, waves, and wind, and make the pond deeper and steeper, which is conducive to improving shrimp quality. class output
6. Shorten fishing time
When HDPE Pond Liner is used in aquaculture, there will be no weeds, sludge, or other debris at the bottom of the pond that will affect the fishing speed. Thus, it can catch more, shorten the fishing time, and improve the vigor and freshness of shrimp.
7. Reduce the spread of disease
The use of HDPE Pond Liners in aquaculture can reduce the environmental adaptability of bacteria in shrimp ponds and ensure the healthy growth of shrimp ponds. Because it isolates the contact between soil and water, it reduces the possibility of disease spreading to the pond, thereby reducing the cost of medication for shrimp farming.
Steps of laying HDPE Pond Liner:
1. Leveling the site: first, excavate the pit foundation of the shrimp pond, clean up the sundries on the ground, roll, and level it, and prepare for the laying of the geomembrane. Remove sharp stones and debris from the foundation.
2. Laying and lapping: Transport the HDPE Pond Liner to the construction site, roll it along the axis of the lake bottom, pull it out, and flatten it to make the HDPE pond liner match the ground, and then overlap the edges of two adjacent geomembranes. It is recommended that the lap width of two pieces of HDPE pond liner be 15~20 cm.
3. Welding construction: use the special welding machine for HDPE Pond Liner, and special construction personnel will weld the lapped HDPE Pond Liner into a whole by hot melting according to the requirements. The thickness of the shrimp pond membrane is generally below 1.5, so it is recommended to use an 800W welding machine.
4. Check whether there is air leakage in the welding: after the welding construction is completed, use the barometer to detect whether there are welding omissions or damage at the welding seam of the HDPE Pond Liner, and repair it in time.
How to choose a good HDPE Liner
Now there are HDPE Liners of various qualities on the market, and the price levels are also high and low. Faced with such a situation, a person who does not know much about the situation will face a difficult problem, how to choose a good HDPE Liner? Here is my suggestion for you.
First of all, we collect as much information as possible, such as the price of HDPE Liner from various suppliers, and then find a reasonable price range of HDPE Liner from a large number of prices. Then from other aspects, the supplier’s production qualification and ability
Second, ask suppliers to provide samples. We can see the quality of the HDPE liners from the obtained samples. General suppliers are happy to provide samples. Shandong Dajin Geosynthetics can provide customers with a free A4 sample of HDPE liner.
Finally, for the detection of HDPE Liner samples, generally, the more expensive ones are 100% virgin material, and the cheap ones are made of recycled materials. So now you have to learn how to distinguish between 100% Virgin material and recycled material. You can judge by looking, touching, smelling, folding, etc. For example, the surface of 100% virgin material HDPE Liner feels smooth and looks shiny, while the surface of recycled HDPE Liner is dull and dull. There is also an HDPE Liner made of recycled materials that smell pungent, while a 100% virgin material HDPE Liner has no unpleasant smell.
The recycled HDPE Liner will release various toxic substances, which will bring various diseases to the shrimp in the pond and cause losses to the farmers. And it will also pollute the soil and water, which is not conducive to the sustainable development of shrimp farming. So be sure to choose a 100% Virgin HDPE liner.
Shandong Dajin Geosynthetic CO., LTD is an honest and professional supplier friend of 100% Vigin HDPE liner. You can contact us for a free sample to check, And our HDPE liner has been exported to 120 countries and regions and has gained more and more customers from all over the world.