HDPE Geomembrane introduction
HDPE impermeable membrane, also known as HDPE geomembrane, is made of high-quality polyethylene virgin resin, the main component of the resin is 97.5% high-density polyethylene and about 2.5% carbon black, including an anti-aging agent, antioxidant agent, UV absorber, stabilizer, And other auxiliary materials, using the current international Italian automatic geotechnical production equipment, made by three-layer co-extrusion technology. All products are produced according to the US GRI standard and ASTM test standard, and the specifications are complete.
Application areas of HDPE impermeable membrane
As a new type of material, HDPE anti-seepage membrane has excellent anti-seepage, anti-corrosion properties, good chemical stability, and can be processed according to actual engineering needs. It has been used in embankments, dams, and reservoirs of hydraulic projects. HDPE Geomembrane can be excellent waterproof material, especially in the anti-seepage projects, anti-corrosion projects, leak-proof projects, and moisture-proof projects such as channels, reservoirs, dams, artificial lakes, sewage pools, swimming pools, housing waterproof construction, underground buildings, garbage dumps, environmental engineering and the projects like that. In the 1930s HDPE Geomembrane has been used in all kinds of projects, But in our country, HDPE Geomembrane started to be used in the projects and becoming more and more used in various antiseepage projects since the 1980s.
Advantages of HDPE Geomembrane
HDPE geomembrane is formed by hot melting, extruding, cooling, and three-roll calendering of high-density polyethylene. HDPE geomembrane has the characteristics of impermeability, isolation, and sealing, thus, it is also called “impermeable membrane” and “waterproof board”. used in aquaculture projects, sewage treatment tanks and landfills, and other anti-seepage and sealing projects.
1. The width and thickness are complete.
2. It has good environmental stress cracking properties and the property of chemical corrosion resistance.
3. Excellent chemical resistance(such as acid and Alkali)
4. It has a large operating temperature range and a long service life.
5. Column point geomembrane also has a superior friction coefficient and good anti-skid ability
Application fields of HDPE geomembrane
1. HDPE geomembrane can be used in environmental protection and public sanitation project: such as landfills, sewage statement treatment plants, coal power plant conditioning ponds, chemical, and petrol oil industries, hospital easement treatment, and so on.
2. HDPE geomembrane can be used in all kinds of water conservancy projects: such as anti-seepage water ponds, plugging, reinforcement of rivers, lakes pond, water reservoirs, water dams, anti-seepage of canals, some vertical core walls, large slope protection project, etc.;
3. HDPE geomembrane is also used in municipal engineering: such as subway of the city, building underground engineering, planting roofs, roof gardens, sewage pipe anti-seepage;
4. Polyethylene anti-seepage HDPE Geomembrane is suitable for garden work projects: artificial lakes, garden rivers, reservoirs, pond bottoms of golf courses, slope protection, green lawns, and so on.
5. HDPE Geomembrane is excellent anti-seepage material in the petrochemical industry Because HDPE geomembrane is oil and gas resistant: to chemical plants, oil refineries Pond, oil storage tanks, oil anti-seepage ponds, chemical reaction tanks, sedimentation tanks lining, secondary lining, etc.;
6. HDPE geomembrane can be used in the mining industry: mining washing tank, heap leaching tank, ash dump tank, dissolution tank, sedimentation tank, storage yard, the bottom lining of tailings, etc.;
7. LLDPE Geomembrane also called Low-density polyethylene geomembrane is suitable for transportation facilities: foundation reinforcement of highways, anti-seepage of culverts;
8. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for agriculture: reservoirs, drinking water pools, storage ponds, waste residue treatment sites, and anti-seepage irrigation systems;
9. HDPE geomembrane also can be used in different industries, such as aquaculture: fish ponds, the lining of intensive shrimp ponds, sea cucumber circle slope protection, etc.;
10. HDPE geomembrane is suitable for the salt industry: salt field crystallization pond, brine pond cover, salt geomembrane, salt pond plastic geomembrane.
Transportation and installation of HDPE geomembrane
Do not pull or pull the geomembrane during transportation to avoid being stabbed by sharp objects.
1. It should extend from the bottom to the high position, do not pull it too, and leave a margin of 1.50% so that the flute is sinking and stretching. Taking into account the actual situation of the project, the slope is laid in the order of quality from top to bottom;
2. For the longitudinal direction, the two adjacent joints sheets should not be on a horizontal line, and the width of the two adjacent sheets should be staggered no more than 1m;
3. Try to avoid adjacent the geomembrane in the slope, try to weld the adjacent on the plane. In the longitudinal direction, the joint should be more than 1.50m away from the dam foot and also the bent foot, and try to weld the two adjacent and set on the plane;
4. HDPE geomembrane should install on the Slope first and then on the bottom of the field;
5. When laying the side slope, the direction of spreading should be parallel to the large gradient line.
laying of HDPE Geomembrane
1. Before laying the geomembrane, the corresponding qualification acceptance certificate documents of civil engineering should be obtained.
2. Before cutting the geomembrane, its finger size should be measured, and then cut according to the actual size. It should not be cut according to the size shown in the figure.
3. When laying the geomembrane, the welding name should be minimized, and the raw materials should be saved as much as possible under the premise of ensuring the quality. At the same time, it is easy to guarantee quality.
4. The lap width of the joint between the geomembrane and the geomembrane is not less than 10cm. Usually, the welding direction is parallel to the largest slope, that is, along the slope direction.
5. Usually in corners and deformed areas, the length of the connection should be shortened as much as possible. Except for special requirements, on the slope with a slope greater than 1:6, within 1.5 meters from the top slope or the stress concentration area, try not to install welding
6. During the laying of the geomembrane, artificial skirts should be avoided. When the temperature is low, it should be tightened as much as possible and paved.
7. After the geotextile is laid, the walking on the membrane surface, traveling tools, etc. should be minimized. Any objects that can cause harm to the anti-seepage membrane should not be placed on the membrane or walk on the membrane with the emperor to avoid damage to the membrane. accidental damage to the membrane.
Four Construction Cases of Anti-seepage Geomembrane
①After the base geomembrane is welded into a finished product, the lake bottom mortar protection layer must be made first.
②The foundation of the bridge is waterproof, the steel bar through the membrane welding method is adopted, and the mortar protective layer is used to prevent the hidden quality risks caused by electric welding.
③The pasting of the lining geomembrane and the blocking surface must prevent the appearance of large-scale hollowing.
1. The material and construction of the composite geomembrane follow the national standards for polyethylene geomembrane and composite geomembrane issued by Quality and Technical Supervision.
2. The construction quality acceptance is divided into self-inspection of the construction unit and random inspection of the contractor.
3. The welding quality inspection adopts the “inflatable pressure method”, the damage repair uses the “visual inspection method”, and the inflation pressure detection index is 0.06Mpa.
4. The quality acceptance process includes process handover procedure, completion acceptance, and so on.
5. Normal leakage of the artificial lake: <15mm/24h (including seasonal evaporation loss).
1. Strengthen the protection and management of finished products of Yanhe geomembrane, improve the waterproof awareness of relevant construction personnel, and put into normal operation on schedule to ensure the quality of the project of great significance.
2. It is recommended that the contractor notify and assign special personnel to supervise. The construction personnel related to waterproof materials should notify the waterproof construction personnel to repair if the composite geomembrane is damaged.
3. The composite geomembrane must be prevented from sticking to oil, otherwise, the bonding strength will be reduced.
4. Roll the surface to be laid, clean and level it, dig blind trenches, and layout exhaust and drainage pipes. More specific basic treatment can be dealt with according to design requirements.
5. After laying the geotechnical protection liner, the HDPE anti-seepage membrane can be laid. Prepare heavy objects such as sandbags, and compress the laid HDPE impermeable geomembrane to prevent the wind from blowing. When laying, the welding seam should be minimized, and the most suitable laying scheme should be selected according to the actual site size.
6. Before welding, test welding is performed first, and appropriate welding parameters are selected according to the weather of the day. When welding, professional welding equipment should be used. For large area welding, use a double-track hot-melt automatic crawling welding machine; for T-shaped and cross-shaped welding and scar repair, a hot-melt extrusion welding machine should be used.
7. For steep side slope welding, rope ladders or scaffolding can be used. Welder technicians need to take safety measures.
8. Anchoring trench excavation: U-shaped trench with a size of 50cm×50cm×50cm, backfill or use plain concrete for anchoring; for steep slopes, a platform can be dug and then an anchoring trench can be dug for anchoring; anchoring nails and beading can be used for rock layers Make an anchor seal.
As the leading geomembrane manufacturer, supplier, and wholesaler, Our quality satisfies the ASTM GRI-GM13 standard. Besides, we have obtained CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001 certificates. If you have a geomembrane project under construction, you can contact us. We can provide you with free geomembrane samples, geomembrane project solutions, and geomembrane welding videos and instruction manuals free. Please contact us!