Geomembrane is a synthetic membrane lining or barrier with very low permeability. It is used with any geotechnical engineering-related materials to control fluid (or gas) migration in man-made projects, structures, or systems. Geomembranes are made of thin continuous polymer sheets, but they can also be made by impregnating geotextiles with asphalt, elastomers, or polymer sprays, or as multilayer asphalt geocomposites. To date, continuous polymer sheet geomembranes are the most common.
Geomembranes are used in so many projects, like the environmental, hydraulic, transportation, oil and gas applications, and waste treatment industries. The common type is continuous polymer sheet. When larger geomembranes are needed, they are melted together or at the seams to increase strength and durability. The size of the geomembrane can be customized customizable, so they can be as small as a backyard swimming pool or as large as a football field.
Raw materials: PE geomembrane needs to be produced with 100% raw materials; yet, in the market, a large number of PE geomembranes are produced from recycled materials, to save costs. , it’s very harmful, First, the source of recycled materials is not clear, such as waste oil drums, waste mineral water bottles, and even chemical waste; besides, the quality of recycled materials is unstable, such as working for a long time or working in harsh environments. The geomembrane will be damaged and lose its anti-seepage function; more, the recycled material itself contains a variety of harmful substances, which will cause serious damage to the environment and the human body. Our company’s commitment to customers is never to use a single piece of recycled material, and the raw materials used by the company are all 100% pure geomembrane special raw materials.
Thus, the geomembrane produced by our factory has excellent tensile yield strength and resistance to environmental stress cracking. Our suppliers are from world-renowned brands, including Singapore Philips, Qatar Philips, Borealis, etc.
The manufacture of geomembranes begins with the production of raw materials, including polymer resins and various additives such as antioxidants, plasticizers, fillers, carbon black, and lubricants. These raw materials are then extruded or calendered into sheets of varying widths and thicknesses.
Most of the universal geomembrane test methods cited worldwide are developed by ASTM International because ASTM has a long history in this activity. The update is the test method developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Finally, the Geosynthetics Research Institute (GRI) has developed test methods that are only applicable to test methods not covered by ASTM or ISO. Of course, individual countries and manufacturers usually have specific proprietary test methods. Our quality complies with ASTM GRI-GM13 standard and all our products have obtained international certifications, including CE, ISO9001, ISO14001, and ISO45001.
Besides all certificates, our technical team with 10 years of experience can discuss your difficulties at any time to meet your requirements. Our products are friendly, and our belief is to protect mankind, protect the environment, and protect the earth. Thus, every corner of our factory is clean and tidy enough. We planted plants and vegetables inside the factory so that we can provide a healthy diet for all employees.
The main physical properties of geomembrane in the manufacturing state are:
|Product Name||ASTM Standard Fish Ponds HDPE Geomembrane Plastic Film|
|Material||100% virgin raw material|
|Length||50m/roll, 100m/roll, 150m/roll or follow your request|
|Width||1m-6m or follow customers’ demand|
|Color||Black Green Blue White, black normally|
|Packing||Woven plastic bag or follow your request|
Many mechanical tests have been developed to determine the strength of polymer sheets. Many are already suitable for evaluating geomembranes. They stand for quality control and design, that is, indicators and performance testing.
·Tensile strength and elongation (index, wi width, axisymmetric and seam)
·Stress cracking (single point of dead load).
·Oxidation induction time
Geomembranes have been used in the following environmental, geotechnical, hydraulic, transportation, and private development applications:
· As liners for potable water
· As liners for reserve water (e.g., the safe shutdown of nuclear facilities)
· As liners for waste liquids (e.g., sewage sludge)
· Liners for radioactive or hazardous waste liquid
· As liners for secondary containment of underground storage tanks
· As liners for solar ponds
· As liners for brine solutions
· As liners for the agriculture industry
· As liners for the aquaculture industry, such as fish/shrimp pond
· As liners for golf course water holes and sand bunkers
· As liners for all types of decorative and architectural ponds
· As liners for water conveyance canals
· As liners for various waste conveyance canals
· As liners for primary, secondary, and/or tertiary solid-waste landfills and waste piles
· As liners for heap leach pads
· As covers (caps) for solid-waste landfills
· As covers for aerobic and anaerobic manure digesters in the agriculture industry
· As covers for power plant coal ash
· As liners for vertical walls: single or double with leak detection
· As cutoffs within zoned earth dams for seepage control
· As linings for emergency spillways
· As waterproofing liners within tunnels and pipelines
· Within cofferdams for seepage control
· As floating reservoirs for seepage control
· As floating reservoir covers for preventing pollution
· To contain and transport liquids in trucks
· To contain and transport potable water and other liquids in the ocean
· As a barrier to odors from landfills
· As a barrier to vapors (radon, hydrocarbons, etc.) beneath buildings
· To control expansive soils
· To control frost-susceptible soils
· To shield sinkhole-susceptible areas from flowing water
· To prevent infiltration of water in sensitive areas
· To form barrier tubes as dams
· Beneath highways to prevent pollution from deicing salts
Production Line and Production Capacity
There are 12 advanced production lines for different products. These production lines can guarantee the needs of customers by providing high-quality products and the greatest production capacity. Today, I will introduce 3 production lines: 1 geomembrane blowing production line; 1 geomembrane calendering production line; 1 geomembrane roughening production line.
Geomembrane blowing production line: The first production line is the geomembrane blowing production line. The polyethylene resin is pumped into the mixer from the storage bin; the black masterbatch is on the right because it contains carbon black. Carbon black is a very important element to ensure protection from ultraviolet radiation. The raw materials are pre-mixed with carbon black. The mixed material will be pumped into the extruder through 3 pipes.
The resin is heated to the melting point in the barrel of the extruder. There is a designed screw in the barrel, and the molten resin is transported through the barrel by the rotation of the unit. The molten resin will then pass through the screening group, which acts as the final filter for impurities or contaminants, after which the molten resin will pass through the mold. The silver circle is a mold, and the molten resin is extruded from the circular mold like a film tube, like a big bubble. On the top of the silver mold, it is a red unit, its name is IBC (abbreviation of Internal Bubble Cooling), it is also a part of the extruder, its role is to help reduce the temperature of the bubble on the one hand, so, it has Helps maintain the consistency of bubble diameter;
This is an online monitoring system that monitors and maintains material gauges, monitors and excludes the temperature of each part of the production line, and controls the operation of the extruder at the same time.
The molten resin is squeezed out from here, the film tube looks like a big bubble, this part of the temperature is high, as high as 165 degrees -200 degrees, the red unit can help reduce the temperature. After that, the bubbles are pulled vertically by a set of nip rollers located at the top of the cooling tower. Also, the bubbles are very high, up to 20 meters, because the burning geomembrane needs time to cool down, which is really a long journey.
Now I bet you must want to know how big bubbles turn into the geomembrane rolls we usually see. The material is guided back to the ground and continues to cool as it approaches.
Geomembrane is a synthetic membrane lining or barrier with very low permeability. It is used with any geotechnical engineering-related materials to control fluid (or gas) migration in man-made projects, structures, or systems. Geomembranes are made of relatively thin continuous polymer sheets, but they can also be made by impregnating geotextiles with asphalt, elastomers, or polymer sprays, or as multilayer asphalt geocomposites. To date, continuous polymer sheet geomembranes are the most common.
Geomembranes are used in environmental, hydraulic, transportation, oil and gas applications, and waste treatment industries. The most common type is continuous polymer sheet. When larger geomembranes are needed, they are melted together or at the seams to increase strength and durability. The size of the geomembrane is customizable, so they can be as small as a backyard fish pond or as large as a football field.
Do not drag or pull the geomembrane during transportation to avoid injury from sharp objects.
1. Extend from the bottom to the high position, don’t pull it too, and leave a margin of 1.50% to prepare for local sinking and stretching. Taking into account the actual situation of the project, the slope will be laid from top to bottom;
2. The longitudinal joints of two adjacent panels should not be on the same horizontal line, and should be staggered by more than 1m;
3. Longitudinal joints should be more than 1.50m away from the dam foot and bend foot, and should be located on a plane;
4. Slope first and bottom of the field;
5. When laying on a slope, the film spreading direction should be parallel to the line of the largest slope.
3. When laying geomembrane, we should try to cut the number of welds, and save raw materials as much as possible under the premise of ensuring quality. At the same time, it is easy to guarantee quality.
4. The lap width of the seam between the film and the film is generally not less than 10cm, usually arranged along the slope direction.
5. In corners and deformed areas, the length of the joints should be as short as possible.
7. After the geomembrane is laid, it is necessary to reduce walking and moving tools on the surface of the membrane as much as possible. Avoid Cause accidental damage.
Geomembrane Welding Specification
1. After foundation shaping and excavation, slope cutting, leveling, and rolling or compaction must be carried out. Displacement and backfilling of disturbed soil will be sprinkled or compacted in layers, with the thickness of each layer ≯400mm.
2. Remove the exposed materials on the surface of the foundation with hidden dangers of puncture, such as bricks, stones, tiles; glass and metal debris; branches, plant rhizomes, etc. Clear obstacles in the field and provide necessary paving construction conditions.
3. The installation and preservation of surrounding retaining walls, pump pits, bridge foundations, and underwater nozzles must be completed before the construction of the composite geomembrane.
Geomembrane Construction Site
①The overlap width of the weld bead: 80~100mm; the natural folds of the plane and the vertical plane are: 5%~8%; the reserved expansion amount: 3%~5%; the remaining amount of leftover material: 2%~5 %
②The working temperature of hot melt welding is 280~300℃; the traveling speed is 2~3m/min; the welding mode is a double bed
③The method of repairing the damaged part, cutting the material of the same specification, hot-melt adhesive repairing, and sealing with polyethylene glue
④ There is no imitation cloth connection at the welding bead, and machine stitching is used
⑤The sealing and water stop of the underwater nozzle adopts GB rubber water stop strip, metal wrapping, and anti-corrosion treatment